The Information Technology Cost Management course is suited to IT people placed in the role as IT cost manager who have been performing the role for some time but have never received any formal training.
The course is also suitable as an introduction for anyone thinking about IT cost analysis role or for other cost management professionals with focus on IT investment and operation, and wanting to gain a more in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities in the area of cost management. This ‘Fundamentals’ course is aimed at learning real-world IT cost analysis and IT budget development and implementation skills that can be used in the workplace especially in an organization with high IT investment. Course delegates or course participants ;should be able to return to their working environments and work as effective Cost Management team members immediately adding value and building effective relationships with business and IT stakeholders. The course uses case studies to analyze approaches to managerial cost investment and operation (capex and opex) The course also covers the application of decision and control models, planning and control in IT cost management, while also concern on decision control models, and cost planning.
By the end of the IT Cost Management the
participants will be able to:
? To have thorough understanding on the IT cost management including all the parameters and issues related
? To have complete perspective on IT Investment Management Process
? Work with business users (stake holders) to define different types of IT cost investment and operation
? A framework to calculate Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for IT enterprise resource systems
? To have capability to break-down complex IT cost scenarios or cost problems into process and data models (cost management related)
? To Have capability in implementing modern cost management concept as related to IT infrastructure
? To have capability to reduce and optimize IT cost as related to the investment, operation and maintenance of IT installation and the infrastructure
This course was originally designed for IT managers and those who involve in the activities such as related to IT investment, operation and maintenance. However, the course is also suitable for experienced IT managers and Investment Analysts as it:
? Provides a reinforcement session for those IT staff who have been doing the job for many years but have never received formal training in IT cost management
? Provides a ‘standard’ approach to be adopted by teams who might currently be using a mix of different techniques in IT cost management.
Course Contents and Descriptions of The Information Technology Cost Management Training
1. Introduction to IT Cost Management
Covers the role of Information Technology Cost Management and how the role has evolved within the cycle of IT investment, operation and maintenance. Examines the differing roles and responsibilities in cost maangement through all phases of investment planning and IT infrastructures operation.
2. Performance Evaluation
Outcomes: Understand the relationship between IT Cost
Management control and IT performance evaluation such as:
? Identify the objectives of IT cost management control
? Identify the types of IT Cost control systems
? Explain the application of control to IT cost centers, IT revenue centers and IT profit centers
? Understand how the balanced scorecard supports strategic cost management
3. Strategic Investment For Information Technology
Describe the function of a strategic investment unit
Discuss implementation of appropriate transfer prices
Calculate return on investment, residual income and economic value added, and use them to evaluate the performance of a business unit
4. IT Cost Management Information
5. The Flexible Budget and Standard IT Costing
6. Flexible Budget: Analyzing Factory Overhead
7. Operational IT Cost Outcomes: Explain, calculate and use the operational data on IT costs
8. Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for IT enterprise resource systems
9. Strategic Investment for IT Infrastructure
10. Review: Revisit the key learning points from the course and looks at why IT investment and cost management can go wrong and how good cost management can prevent it.
- Group Discussions
- Group & Individual Exercises
- Case Studies
- Role Plays
- Action Plan
- Quality Training Kit (Pencil case: Erase, Bolpoint, Pencil, Tipe X, Stabillo, Flash Disk 8 GB),
- Training Material (HandOut & SoftCopy)
- Convenient training facilities in stars hotel (Public Training)
- Lunch and Coffee Breaks (Public Training)
- Pelatihan ini dapat di-customized sesuai kebutuhan perusahaan Anda bila diselenggarakan dalam bentuk In-House Training. Untuk permintaan In-House Trainingdengan jenis topik lainya, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat email yang tercantum di web kami.
- Request Training. Jika anda membutuhkan informasi pelatihan yang belum tercantum pada website ini, atau anda ingin memberikan usulan materi yang sesuai dengan tingkat kebutuhan perusahaan anda, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat emailyang tercantum.
- Bila tidak ada tanggal dan waktu atau yang tercantum sudah kadaluarsa didalam artikel mohon tanyakan kepada kami untuk jadwal terbarunya.
Peserta bisa mengajukan Tanggal Pelatihan / Training selain yang tertera pada silabus penawaran.